If this day isn’t so nice, bake yourself a godet! This could be the first sentence from a creative fever kitchen wisdom book – although I must confess that I bake strawberry galettes even on nice days. They are simply delicious and made so fast. Yummy!
Strawberry galettes – crispy shortcrust pastry and strawberries
I am a small opponent of cake glaze – that is mostly simply superfluous I find. When I mentioned this the other day while having coffee with my family, my brother just said: “Then just eat strawberries on a cookie. It’s probably the most beautiful combination of strawberries and shortcrust pastry to date: Strawberry galettes! I love the little cakes hot and intimate: they are made super fast (apart from the little waiting time), totally simple and taste fantastic with ice cream as well as cream or vanilla sauce. Chocolate sauce also works! And so that nobody has to argue, I usually bake two small galettes instead of one big one. This also makes sharing easier.
What you need – Strawberry Galettes
The quantity is enough for two small galettes
For the shortcrust pastry
125 grams flour
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sugar
80 grams cold butter
4 tablespoons water (ice cold!)
1 small egg
1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
300 grams strawberries
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon of fine cornflour
How to do it – Strawberry Galettes
Before I get started, I put a small bowl of water in the freezer – the dough is at its best when butter and water are really cold. So leave the butter in the fridge until it starts.
Mix flour, salt and sugar in a big bowl. Then add the butter in cubes and rub it briefly under the flour mixture. Do not knead too much, you should get a crumble-like dough. Then add the water by the spoonful until the dough sticks together. Form a ball and wrap it in cling film. I put the dough back in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
In the meantime you can clean and chop the strawberries and mix them with sugar and cornflour. Heat the oven to 210 degrees just before you remove the dough from the fridge.
Divide the dough into two halves and roll them out thinly into an oval on a baking paper sprinkled with flour. The edges don’t have to be tidy, just roll the dough flat. Put the strawberries on top (leave about 3 cm of the edge free) and fold the edge down. Finally, whisk an egg, spread it over the edges and sprinkle with brown sugar – put it in the oven and enjoy! After about 20 minutes the strawberry galettes should be brown – if not, just leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.
How to Make Strawberry Galette
Strawberry Galette – Beautiful and delicious dessert that fits after every meal. If you like strawberries, this dessert is definitely for you.
for the crust:
1¼ cups (175g) flour
110g (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, in cubes
1½ tsp (6g) sugar
¼ tsp (~1g) salt
4 – 6 Tbsp ice water
For the filling:
400 grams fresh strawberries
¼ cup (50g) sugar
2 tsp (6g)corn starch
zest of 1 lemon
½ tbs vanilla extract
1 egg for brushing
1. in a bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt and butter.
2. Incorporate the butter with flour, do it by pressing the butter with a fork until crumbs formed.
3. Gradually add 4 tbsp of iced water and stir, add another 1-2 tbsp if nedded. when the water is incorporated start to knead and form disc. Warp the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 min.
4. slice the strawberries into 2-3. Transfer them to a large bawl. Add sugar, corn starch, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
6. on a floured baking parchment roll out the dough to 12-14in/30-35cm.
7. Arrange strawberries in circles starting in the center of dough, leave a 1.5-2in/3.8-5cm border, Fold edges, overlapping slightly. Brush dough with beaten egg.
8. Bake until crust is golden brown and strawberry filling is bubbling. About 35-45 minutes.
*stages 1-3 can be done in a blender
Yummiest Strawberry Galette | SO SIMPLE YOU HAVE TO SEE
Strawberry galette recipe which is so easy to make! Just throw a scoop of french vanilla ice cream on top and everyone will love you for making this dessert and will be seriously impressed.
Take full advantage of seasonal summer strawberries with this strawberry galette featuring intensely tasty strawberry filling as well as amazingly delicious crispy galette crust.
– To the strawberry filling I add sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice to make the taste more balanced and intense.
– I recommend placing your baking sheet on the bottom oven rack to ensure an unapologetically crispy crust.
Easy Strawberry Galette | Food Channel L – A New Recipe Every Day!
When life gives you a lemon, make a lemonade!
When life gives you strawberries, make a strawberry galette! 😍
So simple and delicious! 😋
Food channel L – a new recipe every day! Everyday ideas for delicious and homemade food!
Ingredients for 9 servings:
250 g all-purpose flour
100 g cold butter
40 g sugar
1 pinch salt
For the filling:
300 g strawberries
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp vanilla sugar
140 g cream cheese
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
120 g sugar
DESSERT RECIPE – Easy Fruit Galette
What’s easier than pie? Our Fruit Galette! It’s quick, easy, and completely stress-free because anything goes. Toss in seasonal and local fruits then roll and fold your way into the best dessert you’ve ever had!
MIXED BERRY GALETTE
1¼ cups flour
¼ tsp kosher salt
½ cup butter, chilled and cubed
¼ cup sour cream
1 tbsp white vinegar
¼ cup ice water
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp kosher salt
4 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
Coarse sugar, to sprinkle over crust
1) To prepare the crust, using a food processor, pulse the flour, salt and cubed butter until it resembles course crumbs. Add sour cream, vinegar and ice water. Pulse 4-5 times until dough comes together. Pat into a ball, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
2) Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss in mixed berries and vanilla extract until well combined. Set aside.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 12-inch circle. Transfer dough to a parchment- lined baking sheet. Add fruit to the center, leaving a 1½-inch border and fold edges over. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and milk. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 40 minutes, until crust is golden.