Yes, yes, food plays a role for me almost around the clock 😉 If I lack the inspiration for what to cook, I browse through my many cookbooks.
After reading through all the ingredients for a moment, I was pleased to find that I had everything there except some fresh coriander. But that’s not a problem, my husband brought it back after work.
I changed the recipe a bit and so we enjoyed a delicious Indian cauliflower-potato-curry 🙂 On top it came that the cauliflower was used sensibly 😉
The ingredients (2 servings)
- 250 g potatoes
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 curry leaf
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 250 g tomatoes (alternatively canned tomatoes)
- 250 g cauliflower
- fresh coriander
- Juice of 1/2 lime
my minis will love them 🙂
- Peel and cut the potatoes into eighths. Wash and chop the chili pepper. If you like it milder, you can still core it. Peel and finely chop the ginger, onion and clove of garlic. Wash the tomatoes, cut out the stalk and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a large pan and fry the mustard seeds in it for about 30 seconds until they start to bounce. Add the chilli pepper, ginger, onion, garlic and the spices and stir-fry briefly.
- Add the potatoes, the tomatoes, the curry leaf and 50 ml of water to the pan, bring to the boil and cover and simmer over a low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the pan. Simmer covered for another 5-7 minutes. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with coriander.
Warm tastes best, of course, which is why they left us relatively quickly 😉
But I was able to save a few for my colleagues 🙂 Of course they were happy about it.