Hi my loves!
My working days are very long at the moment. Around 7:00 a.m. the alarm clock rings, quickly drink coffee, shower, prepare and have breakfast with my husband. Then off to the office, where there is currently plenty to do. I will get home around 6 p.m. or later.
Then cook something delicious with my husband, eat and tell each other about his day, cuddle something and then I fall into bed completely finished at 10 p.m. and sleep like a stone. But everything is half as bad, because I am optimistic: These times will soon pass!
In the office, I just need something tasty in between, which I can snack on and do myself good! That’s why I baked a large load of super delicious apple-macadamia cookies on Sunday. Actually it should only be macadamia cookies, but I got a bunch of apples from her piece from my girlfriend. So I reduced the amount of butter a little because the grated apple brings a lot of moisture into the dough.
This will not necessarily make the cookies healthier, but it will make them very, very juicy. I can really recommend these cookies. They taste wonderful 🙂 On the outside they are slightly crispy, on the inside they are soft and then you have the nice crunch through the macadamia nuts … mhhhh! Dream cookies 🙂 Unfortunately I can’t tell you how long they last
These easy to make, soft cookies are bursting with bits of fresh apple and they are irresistible!
They look so delicious. I would like to bite into it. Apple macadamia cookies is so versatile, it’s really great stuff.
The ingredients (16 pieces)
- 100 g soft butter
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mark of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 75 g macadamia nuts
- 1 medium-sized apple (approx. 120 g – I used Elstar)
- some lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Roughly chop the macadamia nuts. Peel, quarter, core and grate the apple. Drizzle with a little lemon juice immediately.
- Mix the butter, sugar and salt until frothy. Mix in the vanilla pulp and cinnamon. Add the egg and stir in well.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the butter-sugar mixture and stir briefly until everything is well mixed. Now stir in the macadamia nuts and the apple.
- With the help of two tablespoons, place 16 dabs at a distance on a sheet of baking paper and press a little flat. Bake the cookies on the middle shelf for about 17-20 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. They taste warm but also super 🙂 I couldn’t resist.
Hmmmm, they look incredibly good! I love macadamias. And I haven’t eaten in ages, I just notice. I should change that! I hope the stress at work will quickly clear up.
I am very pleased that you like the cookies 🙂 Macadamias are great! The stress will surely go away somehow and at some point.
I love nuts anyway, but macadamias are really special.
A great idea for the apple season. It doesn’t have to drag long and is just good for me. Add a piece of chocolate and the world is back in order. Or, when I have the time, I like to bake yeast snails with cinnamon and sugar at such times. Without glaze and pipapo. Simple and tasty.
My kitchen has a lot more to offer. Lots of vegetable dishes, lots of fish and seafood, great desserts and delicious cakes and pastries.